axapi v3 export object – no password attribute?

Community Forum Forums Thunder and AX Series General axapi v3 export object – no password attribute?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by avatar toddmason 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    toddmason

Thanks for the really quick reply earlier today regarding partitions, glad to have this forum actively monitored.

I’m not seeing a password attribute for the export object. I do see one for import, which works just fine. I tried passing it the attribute but it doesn’t like it:
    {
    “response”: {
    “status”: “fail”,
    “err”: {
    “code”: 1023524874,
    “from”: “JSON”,
    “msg”: “Failed to handle json field \”password\”. JSON field cannot be handled. It might be undefined or disabled by other fields.”,
    “location”: “export.password”
    }
    }
    }

Oh, here’s the calling convention:
    {
    “export”: {
    “bw-list”:”bwlist”,
    “use-mgmt-port”:”true”,
    “remote-file”: “scp://e0151428@10.y.y.y/home/e0151428/bwlist-test”,
    “password”: “thepassword”
    }
    }

Is this missing in the documentation or are there other ways of of dynamically passing a password to the export object? or must one use store? Store does work but I’d rather pass the creds for the remote site with the export call.

Thank you again.

HelpingHand

Are you referring to the password for the SCP?

If so, why not use the the URL: “scp://user:password@10.y.y.y/home/e0151428/bwlist-test”

If not, which password are you referring to?

toddmason

Yes the SCP password. That method does work. I was not aware password could be passed that way. Docs don’t reference that nor command line help:

use-mgmt-port Use management port as source port
    tftp: Remote file path of tftp: file system(Format: tftp://host/file)
    ftp: Remote file path of ftp: file system(Format: ftp://%5Buser@%5Dhost%5B:port%5D/file)
    scp: Remote file path of scp: file system(Format: scp://[user@]host/file)
    sftp: Remote file path of sftp: file system(Format: sftp://[user@]host/file)

That’s not part of ssh typically. How’d you know of that feature?

It is a bit odd that the scp password attribute exists for import but does not for export. I can work with what you’ve supplied.

Thank you again HelpingHand.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.